You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Course DescriptionIn this course, you will identify the basic elements necessary to write components that make calculations and choices for you. While each programming language has its own set of rules and varying syntax, here you will be focusing on programming with Python. The logic and skills you use to write simple Python programs are useful for developing your problem-solving abilities. Throughout this course, you will examine how to break down complex problems into smaller, more accessible components and write programs that solve them, step by step.
Faculty AuthorJames Grimmelmann
Benefits to the Learner
- Use Python to write and run programs that go from idea to implementation to result
- Automate simple calculations
- Automate basic text processing by putting strings together and replacing parts of strings
- Write programs that correctly decide what to do next by putting commands in order and using data to select which command comes next
- Aspiring web developers
- Data analysts and database management professionals
- Any professional interested in strengthening problem-solving skills and better understanding technology fundamentals
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Web App Development : Core Courses