You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Services marketing is often viewed in terms of outcomes, but services marketing is also an ongoing analytic process. In this course, you will learn how to properly analyze frameworks, tools, channels, data sets, customer behavioral data, decision-making factors, and strategies that support broader marketing decisions.
Authored by Robert Kwortnik from Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, this course will teach you how to review the way marketing works in your organization and how to create and apply a services marketing process.
Faculty AuthorRobert Kwortnik is an associate professor of services marketing. He joined Cornell's faculty after earning his PhD in Business Administration from Temple University in 2003. He also earned a BA in Journalism from Temple and a MBA from California State University, Northridge. Kwortnik’s research focuses on consumer behavior in service contexts, with special attention to service experience management. He has published in the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Service Research, The International Journal of Research in Marketing, and the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, among others. He has been honored eight times as a Teacher of the Year by students at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. Prior to his career in academics, Kwortnik held several professional positions in marketing and was a travel industry consultant. He is a recognized expert on the leisure cruise industry.
Benefits to the Learner
- Assess the role of marketing in your organization
- Determine how your organization uses the services marketing process
- Explain how your organization succeeds in the marketplace
- Identify how your organization can best counter the challenges associated with marketing for services
- Focus on the customer’s experience as the core of the service brand
- Services marketing and operations professionals
- Industry professionals interested in learning to gather and analyze services marketing data and develop a services marketing communications campaign
- Services marketing managers and professionals who interact with customers and market data
- Product marketing professionals transitioning into a marketing role in service-centric firms
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advanced Hospitality Management : Core Courses
- Advanced Hospitality Strategic Marketing and Brand Innovation : Core Courses
- Hospitality Digital Marketing : Elective Courses
- Hospitality Management : Required Courses
- Hospitality Management 360 : Core Courses
- Integrated Marketing 360 : Strategic Hospitality Marketing Elective Track
- Revenue Management 360 : Electives
- Strategic Hospitality Marketing : Required Courses