You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Course DescriptionYou don't need to be the world’s most polished public speaker in order to be successful at conducting media interviews on behalf of an organization. All you need to do is approach the task by planning, preparing, and practicing. In this course, you will examine strategies for engaging the media with confidence, comfort, and control while promoting your story. You will investigate key strategies for crafting effective messages that preserve your purpose and prevent manipulation of intent. You will examine ways to optimize any media interview and use it as an opportunity to tell your story. By the end of this course, you will not only be able to hold your own in an interview, but also remain calm and collected when challenging situations arise.
Faculty AuthorTheomary Karamanis
Benefits to the Learner
- Identify strategies for establishing a win-win relationship with the media
- Create key messages and sound bites
- Examine ways to control the interview and stay on message
- Explore best practices for dealing with difficult media questions and situations
- Communications professionals
- Current or aspiring public relations professionals