You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Inclusion is a relational construct. It’s ultimately about how your team functions and performs based on the quality of social connections, openness to learning, agility, and depth of decision making. How can you foster greater inclusion within your workgroup? Throughout these modules, you will be asked to reflect upon your own experiences and apply the lessons in the modules in your own role.
You will examine the concept of climate, specifically inclusive climates, as well as learn about the specific behaviors and skills you need to demonstrate in order to be successful in shaping an inclusive climate.
Faculty AuthorLisa H. Nishii, Ph.D.
Benefits to the Learner
- Define an inclusive climate
- Examine the critical role of leadership in setting an inclusive climate
- Explore the dynamics of inclusive climates
- Assess the inclusiveness of your unit's climate
- Articulate and model standards for inclusion
- Examine strategies for enforcing ethical standards
- Executives responsible for strategic culture efforts
- Team managers and supervisors
- Anyone interested in creating an inclusive and supportive culture that promotes equal opportunities and treatment of employees
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advancing Diversity & Inclusion For Optical Professionals : Core Courses
- Diversity and Inclusion : Core Courses
- Diversity and Inclusion for HR : Core Courses
- Executive Women in Leadership : Elective Course