You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Blockchain has recently become synonymous with “cryptocurrency,” but its applications are much wider than financial transactions. Though cryptocurrencies constitute the most popular of applications, the business applications are endless. In fact, any industry that makes use of an intermediary to verify transactions could in theory make use of blockchain technology. But how do people know if their industry and/or company stands to gain from adopting the technology?
This course provides you with the tools to discern the applicability of blockchain technology to your business model. You will do this by learning about smart contracts and how you can implement minimal trust applications for almost any task imaginable. You will analyze how smart contracts work, how they’re used today, and how to reason about their capabilities, and what ongoing technical challenges they pose. In the course project, you will come up with your own smart contract application and outline the challenges that might exist in its adoption. Ultimately you will walk away with the ability to answer one important question: Does your business need a blockchain?
You are required to have completed the following course or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Cryptocurrencies and Ledgers
- Cryptography Essentials
- Blockchain Fundamentals
Faculty AuthorAri Juels
Benefits to the Learner
- Explore how smart contracts are currently being used today
- Analyze use cases for which smart contracts hold promise
- Use an understanding of smart contracts to explore blockchain application domains and where and when smart contracts might apply to business challenges
- Business leaders
- Technology leaders, including CTOs
- Developers and software engineers interested in learning blockchain fundamentals
- Anyone seeking to develop a greater understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Blockchain Essentials : Required Courses